Friday, October 07, 2011
Friday Fives- Inspiration
Paper Hangover asks the question What are the five ways you find writing inspirations?
1. An Old Friend from Far Away by Natalie Goldberg. I love this book full of prompts for writing memoirs. Writing for 10 minutes about ice cream, sounds or my hopes and dreams really gets me in a place to write.
2. Books. I love reading. I dream of the day I'll someday be holding my own book in my hands. Reading books inspires me to want to write them.
3. Work. I love working in theater. Being around people pursuing their dreams of being on stage inspires me to write.
4. Walking. I'm blessed to live near a beautiful park in a wonderful neighborhood. Some of my best ideas come to me while I'm taking a walk. When I'm stuck on a story I go for a walk while I figure it out.
5. Vacations. I don't take nearly enough vacations but whenever I get a chance to get away I always feel refreshed and recharged and inspired to write.