Monday, May 23, 2011

Twisters

Yesterday afternoon a tornado touched down in North Minneapolis and some surrounding suburbs.

Thankfully I live in South Minneapolis so while I heard the sirens I did not hear that freight train sound and the sky wasn't green where I live.

Myth: Tornados don't happen in cities.
Actually they do. Last year a tornado touched down in South Minneapolis.

Many of my friends call North Minneapolis home. Today those friends are picking up pieces of neighbors houses out of their lawns. Removing trees that have fallen onto roofs.

North Minneapolis isn't a wealthy part of the city. Many of the people who live there struggle to overcome the issues facing their neighborhood. Recovery from this is another stumbling block they will have to face.

I know there were storms in other parts of the country yesterday as well and people are still recovering from past storms.

Consider making a donation to a chapter of The American Red Cross serving an area affected by storms.



1 comment:

Angela said...

Thank you for posting this. My heart goes out to those in North Minneapolis.