Paper Hangover asks the question
What are FIVE things you can't live without when you're writing or revising?
1. Tea. I started drinking coffee at the ripe old age of 14. Now coffee makes me jittery so I drink tea. My favorite tea is from The Tea Source. My favorites are Earl Grey, Green Tea with Mango and Green Tea with Pomegranate.
2. Almond Butter. My current fave is Justin's Maple Almond butter. I usually start my writing day with an apple and almond butter. For a treat I like Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter on a gluten free waffle.
3. Music. I like to listen to music when I write. I also like to make playlists for projects I'm working on.
4. My Kindle. Um this is my new favorite revision tool. I send my Kindle my manuscript then I can read it anywhere. On the light rail, backstage, at the airport, on a trip, on the elliptical. Being able to read my manuscript anywhere I want without having to lug around a binder full of paper has helped my revision process. Also when I'm stuck I can read. Sometimes when I'm writing/ revising I get stuck. But watching TV or checking facebook can lead to major time suckage. Reading keeps my head in the writing game.
5. My writing group. I could try to write without them but our meetings keep me motivated. Being able to report at our weekly check in that I had a successful week helps me. It pushes me to write because I don't want to be the writer who is bringing us down. I believe that success is contagious. Seeing one of my writing partners finish her recent draft helped me push through and finish my third draft.