Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

I've spent the entire week babysitting.
I admit I'm a little drained from it.
I admit that I ate ice cream with the kids last night and I didn't think about my fitness competition at the Y. I think chasing kids on bikes made me feel like I earned a little ice cream.
The thing I'm good at is bedtime. My motivation is the fact that once kids go to bed I get to write for a while. So really all the little tricks don't usually work on me. Although one of the kids did sneak a gameboy to bed.

Here is one of the conversations from yesterday.
S: One of my slippers is lost. I need to go downstairs and find it.
Me: That slipper has been missing for a week. I think it will wait another day.

One more night of babysitting this week and it is movie night. Movie night is way more fun than a school night.


Today I was listening to MPR and they were talking about boys and reading. Listen here.
It was a really good discussion and I thought their advice for writers for young people was really good.

I'm happy to say I have been keeping up with my goals for my writing. I have been writing every day and have gone back and done some work on some stories I have in progress. The Loft Children's writing festival is next week end and I'm really looking forward to it.




No comments: