Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Writing Group

This morning I had the pleasure of meeting with one of my writing groups.
This is a great group of writers and I get so much from them whenever we meet. I love getting their feedback on a story and then spending the time revising to answer some of the questions that come up and play with their suggestions.
I also love the ah-ha moments. When someone really has a realizations about something about their story during our discussions.
There was one of those moments today.
Last month one of the people in the group recommended Take Joy by Jane Yolen. I just got it on my most recent trip to the library and I really like it. One of the things she writes about is the need to elevate a story from real life into fiction. So today we were talking about how to do that with one of the stories and then the ah-ha moment came for the writer.
I love reading everyones work and being a part of that process. I can't wait to have a bookshelf full of books written by people in my writing group.

No comments: