Monday, November 23, 2009

Even though I am not NaNoing I am in the middle part of my novel and I feel like I just keep writing the same thing over and over.
One of the instructors of the class I'm taking sent us Maureen Johnson's NaNo pep talk in which she compares writing a novel to visiting Australia. Right now I feel a little like I am in the Outback part of my novel. I keep writing in circles.
I abandoned all hope of getting what I was writing into the computer a couple weeks ago and have just been writing in my notebooks.
Work has been a little crazy the last week as well and then while I am in the middle of the outback of my novel I got rear ended by an Outback the other night.
My mom freaked out because I'm the closest child geographically since my sister is in Alabama and my brother is in Africa for two weeks. She wanted me to go to the emergency room and I assured her that I work with a first responder and there was no need for me to go to the emergency room. I am instead going to the chiropractor. My mom freaked out. I might as well have told her I was going to a Witch Doctor.

But in good news I submitted a story to Chicken Soup for the Triathlon's Soul which has now been combined with Chicken Soup for the Runners Soul. My story is in the final round of consideration so I am very excited. They were also looking for more stories so I may try to write a story about my running group.
I'll find out this summer if I made it and I'll get ten copies of the book.
Carrie

No comments: