Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The other day I had a fun idea for a middle grade novel. I started writing it in my journal. I was thinking about something that I think Flannery O' Conner ( I think) once said that anyone who has survived childhood has enough to write about for the rest of their lives. So I started writing a story based on a childhood experience of mine. Well it is more inspired by something from my childhood but I think the character is going to take off.
I have been worrying about work and the economy and writing about how that has effected my writing. For the last year I have been trying to say no to a lot of extra stuff so that I can focus more on my writing. This past year was the first year that I had actually been employed year round at my full time job. This meant I didn't have to worry about finding part time work but instead have been able to spend more time taking writing classes and writing in general.
I had a great experience taking a children's writing class and now we still meet as a writing group. It has really made me a better writer. It has given me a lot of confidence as a writer.
The other day my tooth started hurting. A lot. So much that going to the dentist seems to only option to get rid of the pain. So I am going for what will probably end up being a root canal. ew.

No comments: