Friday, April 13, 2012

L-Lola

Lola and the Boy Next Door L- Lola. Lola is an aspiring costume designer.  For this reason she reminds me of so many people I know in real life.  One day she is dressed as a strawberry, this is totally like my friend Barb who will be dressed as a leaf one day with an orange skirt layered over a brown skirt and other fall colors.  She is also making a Marie Antoinette dress during the book so I can totally picture these scenes. I can't wait until Lola comes to design costumes at the theater where I work. We are going to have so much fun. Oh, wait.
Anyway Lola has to chose between the boy who is her first love and the boy who is her true love.


Is there a book character you can imagine knowing in real life?


6 comments:

Precy Larkins said...

I want to read this book. Hm, I'll see if they have it at the library today. When you were describing Lola, she reminded me of Harper from the Disney channel show, The Wizars of Waverley Place--only Harper's a lot more eccentric. But still fun, and lots of personality.

Daisy Carter said...

I'd love to know Boo Radley and Atticus and Jem and Scout. I'd also LOVE to know Aslan and Dumbledore. But real life? I know a few people who could easily be characters from a Billie Letts novel!

Mary Aalgaard said...

The characters in my own play are like many real people that I know.
How fun for you to read about a character who is like your friend!

Pam Harris said...

Love, love, LOVE this book. Heck, I just want to be Stephanie Perkins when I grow up. :)

Stratoz said...

I often can imagine knowing a character. I just need to read more so I have them fresh in my head. Thanks for all the suggestions of characters to get to know

Stephsco said...

I just read this last month and loved it. i don't know what it is about this and Anna & French Kiss, but it's so relateable and fun to read. Great characters with believable story, I suppose.