Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Nephew


This week I became an aunt. So far it is a good gig. All of the goodness of babies with none of the diaper changing and late night feedings. Score.

I'm not really sure that anything else can top that. I love seeing my cousins and sisters have kids. I love seeing the new baby faces and seeing the resemblance to their parents. One of my nieces can smirk and look just like her mom and grandfather. My cousin's baby has this really intense scowling look. All my cousins on my mom's side of the family have similar noses. I wonder if Noah will have a similar nose.

Needless to say I am excited and I promise to buy him whatever books he asks me for.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Congrats! I just got one of those, myself. A nephew, I mean.

Emy Shin said...

Yay, congratulations to your family!

SaraToday said...

"I promise to buy him whatever books he asks me for."

And maybe some he doesn't. Your duty as an aunt - protect and corrupt.