Tuesday, July 07, 2009

inner editor

The challenge the last couple days has been my inner editor. For some reason my inner editor has become way to loud on certain projects.
Fortunately the inner editor has not been so noisy when I have been working on my middle grade novel but when I sit down to work on something shorter my inner editor is like "Too much dialogue." "Not enough conflict."
I am always able to send my inner editor away to "inner editor camp" in November for National Novel Writing Month but for some reason my inner editor will not go away lately. Perhaps I need to enroll my inner editor in a day camp for the summer.
It could be that I should just focus on the middle grade novel but I like working on shorter things as well. Even though I like my middle grade novel sometimes it is nice to have a little break from that. It is good for me to write and revise smaller pieces because then I can put into practice some of the things I've learned about writing for children.
So today I will try to silence the inner editor so I can get some of these stories out of my spiral bound notebook and into my computer notebook.

No comments: