Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm a winner

I was excited to be able to attend the MNSCBWI workshop today. There were two authors presenting on the Nuts and Bolts of Children's Writing.
It was fun to connect with friends who write for kids and to see so many familiar faces from classes and events I've gone to over the years.

There was a drawing for door prizes too and I won a door prize. There were books to chose from. Since the book with the pink cover had already been picked I chose the On Christmas Eve by Ann M. Martin and it's signed.



I must admit that in my youth I read could not get enough of the Babysitters Club series by Ann M. Martin. I think at one point in time some friends of mine and I even tried to start our own version of the Babysitters Club. We were not as successful as the kids in the books but I still did a lot of baby sitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop, Carrie! Kudos to you for winning a door prize!

I liked the Babysitter's Club when I was a girl, too. I admit that I was a little put-off by real babysitting, though, since the only mysteries I had to solve was where the toddler left his dirty diaper.