Friday, April 24, 2009

I went to visit my Dad in California and had the most wonderful time.
We went hiking in the hills where he normally hikes. The trail we were on was part of Bidwell Park which is the the largest municipal park in the country.
We went to the Sierra Nevada Brewery which was really fun. I used to work in a brew pub so it was fun to sample the different beers.


We went to San Francisco for a couple days since I had never been and my Dad thought it would be fun for me to see.
We went to Fisherman's Wharf and saw the Sea Lions who took over Pier 39. We rode cable cars, visited Chinatown and went to Ghirardelli Square. The next day we rented bikes and biked across the Golden Gate Bridge.



We biked all the way to Tiburon but my future recommendation would be to bike to Old Mill Park and then bike back to Sausalito. I think it was just too long a distance with nothing touristy to look at in between Old Mill Park and Tiburon and it is really hilly.

I didn't get much of a chance to write but I did take a picture of a plaque of Robert Frost.

No comments: