Monday, March 05, 2012

A Shot of Inspiration

This weekend I watched Being Elmo, the documentary about the career of Kevin Clash, the puppeteer who plays Elmo.

It follows his story from a kid making puppets through the first shows he worked on to when he started working with Jim Henson to when he made Elmo into this beloved character.  

It's available on Netflix and you should watch it but the end of this clip has him talking about doing what makes you happy and following your dream.  


When I first moved to Minneapolis I worked making costumes for Sesame Street Live so maybe that is why I connected with this film and can see it as an inspiration for writers and artists and anyone pursuing a dream.  



 


3 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Even from that clip, I'm inspired. How fun to work on the costumes for Sesame Street. You've had great jobs.

Andrea Mack said...

Wow - this IS inspiring. I'm going to have to see this.

Sarah said...

Aw, so sweet. Love Sesame Street and the Muppets. :)