Wednesday, January 16, 2013

RTW- Dream Bookstore

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered.


This Week's Topic is: Imagine you get to open your own bookstore. What would it look like? What kinds of books would you sell?


One of my secret, if I ever win the lottery and become independently wealthy, dreams is to own a bookstore so I love this question.

I would love to have a bookstore that sells everything. I want olde-timey floor to ceiling bookshelves with ladders to reach the top shelves like in Beauty and the Beast.

I want every nook and cranny filled with books. 


I'd want my bookstore to feel magical and mysterious when you walk in. I want people to know that they are buying something magical.



I would definitely have cats working there and maybe a dog. 


I would probably take a mix of all my favorite bookstores from real life and movies and combine it into my own bookstore. 

I would love to sell everything but I know that I would probably pay special attention to Children's and YA since that is what I want to write. 

What about you? What is your dream bookstore?

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

This is so awesome! I think it's so cool that there are secret doors behind the bookshelves leading to more rooms and books! :)

Colin Smith said...

I like the idea of the store being as much of an adventure as the books it sells. It would be fun to explore, finding hidden doors, discovering rooms of books, getting lost for an hour among all those words and ideas. Excellent! :)

Nicki Elson said...

YOUR bookstore is now my dream bookstore. It sounds wonderful. Especially the cats. And the magic. :)

Meredith said...

I SO want that Beauty and the Beast library! Beautiful pictures.

Barbara Watson said...

Kinda reminds me of Wild Rumpus here in Minneapolis. :-) Which I adore.

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Sounds wonderful. And of course you need cats...I've been in a few that had them...they seem to be a bookstore tradition.