Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is for Thanks, Ties and Theater

T is for Thanks, Ties and Theater

First of all Thanks to everyone who has become a follower on my blog in the last month. Thank you for all the comment and for just being awesome. Thank you to Arlee Bird, Jeffrey Beesler, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Jen Daiker, Candace Granger, Karen J. Gowen, Talli Roland, and Stephen Tremp for hosting this challenge. It has been great so meet so many new bloggers.


Tying the Knot: The Sharp Dresser's Guide to Ties and Handkerchiefs
T is for Tying up loose ends.
I'm nearing the end of my revision (for this draft anyway) so I am busy tying up the loose ends in my story. As Chekov put it- If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there. In my case there are no actual guns in my story but there is a holiday, a trophy and a report card that still need to be dealt with.

T is for Theater
I work in theater so I listen to plays all day at work. If it has been forever since you've gone to see a play make a trip to a theater. Learn from the masters like Shakespeare, Chekov, Miller, Wilson and even Shaw how to tell a story. A lot of quality theater have more affordable rush line tickets. Check out your theater's box office to see how that works.

What has been the best part of the A-Z challenge for you? Do you have a favorite play or playwright?

6 comments:

Julie Flanders said...

Great post for T! I agree, the A-Z Challenge has been great, and the best part for me has been meeting so many new bloggers, and discovering so many great blogs. I feel like it's helped me to become much more comfortable with blogging.

I love that quote from Chekov. His plays are definitely among my favorites. Also really like Eugene O'Neill.

Have a great weekend!

Nicki Elson said...

I echo the "Thanks" portion of today's post. And methinks that's good advice to study the work of great playwrights---particularly on story structure. It's been far too long since I've seen a live, professional play.

Denise Covey said...

Sadly I don't get to the theatre nearly enough but when I do it is awesome. Then I wonder why I don't go more often. I don't really have any favourites.

Reading your comment on KarenG's blog about similarities in writing. I was reading a Nora Robert's novel recently and she had a scene so similar to mine even the name of the waitress in the restaurant. Scary stuff.

Best thing about the A-Z - definitely meeting new people and having your special friends checking out your posts most every day. It has been overly time consuming though as if you don't get around and comment a heap you are posting posts that very few read.

Denise<3

Amanda Trought said...

Definitely great T post, the best part for me is getting the discipline to post, meeting some inspiring bloggers. Big thanks goes out to the hosts of A-Z challenge!

Amanda
Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

jkraus8464 said...

The best part for me is meeting new bloggers and seeing what they are doing. It actually opened up a new arena to me. Also made me wok each day to come up with creative blog entries since I decided that I had to do it all in ALLITERATION! Wow. Glad it is almost up.

Rebecca Bradley said...

The best part of the challenge for me has been meeting new and great bloggers that I probably wouldn't have otherwise found. The list unfortunately is far too huge to complete, but it's a good place to start to find new and exciting blogs.