Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Thing I miss during NaNo

Day three of NaNoWriMo.
First of all, wow I forgot how hard this was going to be. I took last year off so I haven't done NaNo since 2008. I am getting back into NaNo shape and carrying my notebook around for when I am away from my computer. But so far this month's novel is fun with a fun cast of characters.

But it is day three and I feel like it is important for me to talk about what I miss most during NaNo. See normally I am a voracious reader. Whenever I set off to do NaNo I don't get to read nearly as much as I usually do because I'm writing. But I miss reading. Already three days into NaNo and I feel like I've broken up with the library. But then I remember that it is just temporary and that once I get farther along in the process I may be able to read a little bit.

4 comments:

Emy Shin said...

Reading is definitely something I can't seem to do much, also, when I'm devoting all my free time to writing. I do hope you'll be able to find more free time to read when you've written more!

Katie Anderson said...

That's very true! I have a whole book to read in time for a book club at the end of November - no idea how I'm going to find the time to fit it in!
We should name December NaBoReaMo (National Book Reading Month) to make up for it!

Unknown said...

There should totally be a NaBoReMo. That would be awesome

BeeARawFoodie said...

Each year NaNo lets me miss college. I miss the creative encouragement. I miss living in community of so many different people, but living in community of encouraged creativity I once had. And I agree-- NaBoReMo would be a spectacular Event to create.