Wednesday, December 12, 2012

RTW- How many books do I read in a year?

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered.

This Week's Topic is: About how many books do you read in a year? Do you want to read more? Or, less?


Years ago I started keeping track of the number of books I read in a year, mostly because other people wanted to know how many books I read in a year. What I really wanted was an answer to this questions. 

The answer is 52 books a year. That's a book a week. Of course there are books that take less than a week and books that take longer. Some years I've read more, last year I read 60 books and I thought that I could do that again but this year it looks like I'm on schedule to read 50. 

Although I miss the days of keeping a list of these books all in the back of my journal I really love Goodreads as a way to keep track of what I'm reading and connect with friends about what I'm reading. 

How many books do you read in a year? Do you like sites like Goodreads to keep track of what you are reading?

9 comments:

Jennifer Hoffine said...

I started keeping a journal list of my audiobook listens a few years ago for much the same reason you started yours.

I don't keep up with my Goodreads account very well...I think because I can't put the date when read in there...or maybe you can, and I just haven't figured that part out yet.

Colin Smith said...

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of the books I read for the past five years. I still do that, while maintaining my Goodreads list. But this isn't so much to keep a tally of how many books I've read, as interesting as that might be. Really, it's more to help me remember what I read and when I read it! I'd like to think I remember every book I read, but that isn't the case. So these spreadsheets can help me determine which books I need to re-read. :)

Mrs. Silverstein said...

I love my Goodreads list! I think I will keep trying to review everything I read, even if I don't post them all to my blog, because if that book comes up months later, I can go back and see what I thought about it.

Anita said...

I should use Goodreads more for keeping track. If I had to guess, I bet I read 60 books/year. I usually have a couple going at a time.

Barbara Watson said...

I don't keep track of all the books I read, only those I review on my blog and the ones my daughter and I read aloud together. But I should. It's fun to look back and remember.

Stephsco said...

I keep thinking I'll update the nice little moleskin journal I used to write my book tally in, but you're right that Goodreads makes it so easy!

Christina Rodriguez said...

52 books a year is great! I should start again at keeping track of my "read" list. I used to have a Goodreads account to do this but started neglecting it big time.

Anonymous said...

Lastly, you should know that the online therapist finder is really appropriate.
You become an educator to your patients and have the daunting task of being
sure they receive all the support and preparation they require
to return home. As a masseuse, you also have the opportunity to earn tips.
Feel free to visit my website ... http://sohoriir.blinkweb.com/

Hannah said...

I usually average about half that, 22-25. I tried to double it this year, but only managed to make it to 34. I'm proud of that though. 12 is my absolute minimum so anything above that is good in my book.